Flood Repair For Your KY Business or Home Can’t Wait
In Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green , Madisonville , Danville, Campbellsville, Carrollton , Frankfort, Bardstown, Owensboro, Henderson, and surrounding towns count on Emrick Services for flood repair.
Though not the most common precipitator of water damage repair in the KY, storm flooding can cause serious short term and long-term problems to your residential or commercial property. The likelihood of flood-water damage to your property is rising, and property owners need to be prepared to deal with this very real possibility. Flooding from seasonal storms is more common than you’d think, and the problems that arise from it need to be addressed as quickly as possible.
What Can Cause Storm Flooding?
Although they are all handled similarly, different types of storm flooding require different types of water damage repair. In KY, there are several different causes of storm flooding, including:
- Coastal Surge: If you live by the ocean, rising tides and seasonal storms can cause flooding to your property. When a high tide corresponds with a storm, it can be a recipe for disaster. As well as those right along the coast, other properties set slightly off from the ocean can also be at risk. High winds from the storm can also help water infiltrate and damage buildings and land.
- River Flooding: There are many beautiful streams and rivers in Kentucky. Unfortunately, with bad weather these can overflow and cause damage to nearby property. If the water is fast moving, it can also pose a significant risk to human life and foundations.
- Surface Flooding: When the drainage system in place cannot keep up, heavy rainfall can cause roadways, fields, or your house or business to become logged with water. Although surface flooding could happen any time and anywhere, it is most common on low lying ground, or anywhere the drainage system is outdated or ill equipped for adverse weather.
- Melting Ice & Snow: With spring comes nicer weather, but also the occasional risk of flooding in areas that cannot fully absorb all the water. When temperatures fluctuate from day to day, melted ice can refreeze and cause a whole other set of problems. Due to this hazard, it is extremely important to keep an eye on the weather and fix the problem as soon as it occurs.
- Sewer Flooding: When there is a plumbing problem or the drainage system is faulty, sewer water can get backed up and begin to flood nearby areas. This is usually caused by a back up in city pipes, but you will still need to address the flood risk to your property.
What Are The Consequences of Storm Flooding?
Storm flooding comes with a plethora of consequences that you will need to deal with. Untreated or improperly treated water damage can bring on long-term problems, such as:
- Displacement from your home or business: With any flooding, it is likely you and your employees or family will be displaced for some amount of time. However, with proper repairs by the right people, you can lessen the time your property will be out of commission.
- Structural damage: It’s also likely that your home or business will suffer some amount of structural damage. If you don’t treat the problem promptly, this can intensify, leaving you with irreparable damage that will take more money and time to fix, if it can be fixed at all.
- Health complications: Flood damage can cause mold to grow and moisture to collect, causing serious, even fatal health risks such as allergies, headaches, asthma and respiratory conditions. Those with chronic illnesses and autoimmune disorders are even more at risk to these conditions.
With all that in mind, it’s imperative that you find the right water damage repair company to help you deal with your flood damage.
Dealing With Insurance
Working with insurance companies to cover your water damage repair can be a tiring and frustrating process. You need to be aware of the specifics in your insurance policy. Most companies require you to report and repair water damage in a timely manner in order to cover the costs. At Emrick Services, we have years of experience working with billing insurance companies. We are happy to be an advocate for you during this trying process.
Let Emrick Services help guide you through the complex process of your insurance claim submittal.
Emrick Can help you navigate the somewhat troublesome process of filing an insurance claim by assisting with direct billing. Additionally, understanding your entitlements within your policy can add some additional confusion, and the professionals at Emrick Services can help you understand your policy provisions so you can be brought back to pre-loss condition as quickly, and painlessly as possible.
It’s important to act quickly during, and just after an event. Whether it’s water damage, fire and smoke damage, or any other covered event, the burden of mitigating future damage and loss falls on the shoulders of the policy owner. Not only do you have to file a claim as soon as you know an insured event has occurred, you must take any and all necessary steps to mitigate future damage, failing to do so may have an impact on the amount covered.
Managing your insurance claim whether it is commercial or residential requires patience and knowledge, something most people in crisis mode are in short supply of. Adding to the complexities of properly filing a claim is the emotional stress that many times accompanies an emergency event. Emrick is positioned to help you navigate this process as well as offer direct billing with reporting to your insurance provider to help streamline the insurance claim filing and settlement process as quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Let Emrick Services Help You Repair Your Home or Business from Flood Damage
Emrick Services staff are experts at flood repair in KY. If you are experiencing flooding problems at your home or business, call us today for a consultation at 502-532-2582.